Requests for Professional consultation and intervention
The STLS Sensory Service provide an open referral system for these three types of sensory impairment. Diagnostic information from Audiology and/or Ophthalmology will be required to support a referral.
Please use the form attached at the bottom of this page to request a professional consultation or specialist intervention.
If you would like further information about services for hearing impairment, visual impairment or multi-sensory impairment/deafblindness the professionals listed below will be able to help.
For Hearing Impairment please contact:
West & North Kent – Sue Holder, HI Coordinator - Referrals Tel: 07825 013351 or email email@example.com
East & South Kent – Jo Clarke, HI Coordinator - Referrals Tel: 07825 380152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clare Taylor, Hearing Impairment Coordinator – Training Tel: 07540 677036 or email email@example.com
For Visual Impairment please contact:
Jennie Russell, Visual Impairment Coordinator - Referrals Tel: 07795 151364, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Bell, Visual Impairment Coordinator - Training Tel: 07917 224205, Email email@example.com
For MSI/Deafblind please contact:
Suzanne Wilkins, Head of Sensory Service Tel: 07825 013362, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens following a referral?
- You will be telephoned by a teacher with a specialist qualification in HI, VI or MSI.
- Your referral may lead to information, signposting or telephone advice to your child’s preschool or school.
- For children and young people with moderate, severe or profound bilateral sensory impairment specialist teaching will be provided in early years and state-funded mainstream schools.
- Specialist teaching is provided in the early years at home and in preschools.
- Specialist teaching is provided in schools which are state-funded mainstream schools, including academies and free schools.
- Services to maintained Special Schools are part of a bespoke package of support agreed in liaison with the Sensory Link professional at your child’s Special School.