Each District Specialist Teaching and Learning Service (STLS) Local Inclusion Forum Team (LIFT) process is overseen by a LIFT Executive, chaired by the Special School Headteacher.
The membership of the LIFT Executive ensures the views of Headteachers of Primary, Secondary and Special Schools, and managers of Early Years settings within the District are considered. The LIFT Executive and the sub-group the Inclusion Steering Group meet alternate terms during the year.
The LIFT Executive’s aims are to:
- Oversee and develop all aspects of the LIFT’s work.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of work undertaken within the District Teams.
- Monitor and report on progress for children and young people who receive support from the STLS.
- Receive reports from District Co-ordinators or Outreach Manager to enable the evaluation of the schools/settings satisfaction and impact of the LIFT model. To include:
- Speed and ease of access to support for schools/setting
- Schools/settings participation with the LIFT process
- Quality of advice provided
- Progress of children or young people receiving interventions
- Achievement of identified outcomes
- Schools/setting’s capacity to meet the needs of pupils with SEND
- Longitudinal case studies of key activities which don’t produce directly correlated quantitive data.
- Analyse the SEND performance of the district in comparison to other districts and take action to bring about improvements.
- Review decisions regarding complex cases.
- Make decisions related to Team around the School requests.
- As part of a District SEND Plan continue to develop, improve and keep the district work of the LIFT and outreach under review.
- Monitor expenditure of the total district SEND outreach funding.
- To report back to the County Strategic Board.